Job Title: Sales Customer Service Specialist
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sales Customer Service Specialist is responsible for the success of day-to-day customer interactions, ensuring high quality external and internal communication and accurate and timely delivery of product to our customers.
- Work with customers on new and existing orders to ensure timely production and delivery
- Work jointly with the Operations Department to understand the production schedule in order to effectively communicate expectations to customers
- Support Operations in prioritizing workload demands by communicating sales agreements and guarantees
- Communicate with existing customers on a routine basis to proactively discover new/potential orders, and uncover needs and issues
- Coordinate with sales representatives on order placement and customer expectations
- Assist in training and educating sales representatives and B2B contacts on product offerings and technical support
- Serve as the company's single point of contact with customers and sales representatives to aid in troubleshooting issues and to continually foster relationships
- Ensure customer satisfaction through follow up on shipped orders
- Leverage data to analyze customer activities, needs, and opportunities to enhance our offering to help them build their businesses
- Build company relationships with customers to create a sense of loyalty, comfort, and familiarity
- Increase customer retention
Job Competencies/Success Factors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Problem Solving
- Strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to train and educate others on product offerings
- Goal Achievement
- Exhibit professionalism at all times
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Computer Skills – above average skill level in a business computer environment.
- Communication Skills – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematics – ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, interest and other calculations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment is required. May need to lift up to twenty (20) pounds occasionally. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively. A minimum of forty (40) work hours are expected per week during company operating hours. Some travel may be required.
- Work Environment: Work is primarily performed in a general office environment with standard office equipment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.