Job Title: Machinist
Reports to: Machining Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Set-up jobs on the machine, including; loading and securely fixturing the work-pieces onto the work table, adjust program offsets and set limit switches.
- Adjust limit switches in order to optimize the wheel life and machine cycle time.
- Understand and make adjustments to hold geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Read blueprints and run work-pieces.
- Use math, geometry, and trigonometry to complete job responsibilities.
- Assist in the maintenance procedures and manufacturing practices.
- Fanuc experience is a plus.
Job Competencies/Success Factors
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Goal Oriented
- Self Motivated
- Ability to quickly learn new things and receive feedback
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Communication Skills - strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematics - ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages and other calculations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, bending and reaching.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fume or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise in the work environment is moderate to loud. The primary responsibilities of this job involve working in a warehouse facility with exposure to both heat and cold.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.