Job Title: Sales Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for managing existing customers, generating new leads, capturing prospects, and ultimately driving revenue growth through recognized sales methods and activities.
- Focus on revenue growth through new customer relations and B2B contact
- Research and investigate customer leads that focus on short and long term growth opportunities and develop strategic plans to close those opportunities
- Uncover opportunity among dormant customer accounts by resolving issues that led to decreased sales
- Develop business opportunities through consistent and direct contact with the customer and through technical knowledge of the product
- Educate new and existing customers on product offerings, product changes, and new business opportunities
- Manage workload,process, and activity reporting through efficient use of the CRM system
- Analyze data to determine strategic sales initiatives both short and long term
- Successfully meet performance metrics and goals
- Collaborate with management on implementation and follow through of sales strategy
Job Competencies/Success Factors
- Strategic & Analytical Thinking
- Appetite for study of interpersonal skills and sales techniques
- Problem Solving
- Technical and product knowledge
- B2B relationship experience
- Tangible product sales experience
- Goal Achievement
- Exhibit professionalism at all times
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Computer Skills – above average skill level in a business computer environment.
- Communication Skills – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematics – ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, interest and other calculations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment is required. May need to lift up to twenty (20) pounds occasionally. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively. A minimum of forty (40) work hours are expected per week during company operating hours. Some travel may be required.
- Work Environment: Work is primarily performed in a general office environment with standard office equipment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.